Business enterprises and organizations generally hire an (EoR) to mitigate the complications and dynamics that take place across the globe associated with reference to recruitment of employees, providing employee benefits and medical cover, updation of labour laws of the Centre and the various States, calculation and deduction of payroll taxes, processing and distribution of salary, and ensuring statutory compliance by employees.
In simple words, it can be understood that an EoR becomes the employer of your employees. An (EoR) takes full responsibility for your business activities to remain completely compliant with respect to the laws applicable in various states of India. Simultaneously, an EoR can be of immense help if you wish to expand your business across various countries of the world.
Having decided to hire an EoR, it becomes vital to select the right vendor for your business. The below mentioned steps will help you in shortlisting the best suited vendor for your EoR needs.
1. Examine your Business Requirements: The first and foremost step in shortlisting a vendor lies in understanding the requirements of your business. It could be simply expanding in various states of India or overseas. You need to contemplate on few important aspects such as the services required, contract duration, vendor fee that can be paid within your budget, and any kind of hike in service deliverables. For ensuring a smooth and steady relationship with your EOR vendor, you need to be certain about your business requirements.
2. Doing a Market Survey of Vendors: Once you have identified your business needs, the next step involves conducting an extensive research for recognising potential vendors existing in the market. This market research will help you shortlist 10-20 vendors that suit your business needs. However, while shortlisting the vendors, you need to find answers to the following questions:
In this manner, you can shortlist the potential vendors for final selection for your EoR needs.
3. Request for Quotation (RFQ): The next step involves asking the potential vendors to send their quotation along with the list of EoR services they would provide. This EFQ [RG1] provides terms and conditions of the contract including pricing, list of EoR services, renewal fee, and service fee hike. At this stage, you have to consider the constraints of your budget and accordingly select the right vendor for your business.
4. Proposal Evaluation and Vendor Selection: This is the most crucial stage as you will be examining few proposals sent by the vendors. You need to keep your business requirements in mind and accordingly select one vendor for your EoR services. Do ensure that the vendor agrees to provide customized solutions to cater to your dynamic business needs.
5. Defining the Terms and Conditions of the Contract: This is indeed the last stage but its importance should not be undermined by you. Carefully draft the terms and conditions of the contract and send it across to the vendor for acceptance. The vendor might come up with a few changes in the acceptance. You need to carefully examine them and then give your approval. For instance, the vendor might have included a condition for renewal fee of the contract, in such a scenario, you need to consider your budget and then give your go-ahead to it.
Remember, hiring an EoR is extremely vital for your business expansion but not at the cost of selecting an incompetent vendor. Your business can scale heights when you enter into a trustworthy relationship with a reliable and efficient EoR vendor.